Years of Experience
No experience preference
Years of Experience
No experience preference
QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB PURPOSE / ROLE:
To assist in controlling and monitoring tax accounting operations in Turkey and the German subsidiary, actively managing compliance with the Group’s policies and procedures, regulatory requirements, international and local tax, and ensure that documentations, calculations, taxes fillings, and payments are prepared/carried out accurately and timely and that reconciliations and control activities are conducted.
- Oversee all tax compliance obligations (CIT, VAT, Withholding tax, stamp tax and other local taxes as applicable) in Turkey and for the German subsidiary.
- Maintain KFH rights in tax exemptions in accordance with local/international laws and double taxation agreements in Turkey and Germany.
- Assist in studying new tax laws in Turkey and Germany and their potential impact on the sustainable profitability of KFH.
- Ensure KFH Group entities’ tax documentations, calculations, fillings, and payments are carried out accurately and timely so that policies and guidelines are adhered to.
- Review calculation and amounts due for all taxes covered.
- Oversee tax compliance activities in Turkey along with its subsidiaries and coordinate with the local teams in Germany and with 3rd parties as applicable.
- Oversee tax compliance activities in Europe in case KFH Group expanded its operations in the future.
- Maintain contacts with other departments to receive the data required to calculate taxes or supporting documentation and to maintain good relationships with the other departments.
- Review country by country report “CbCR” as per OECD regulation to KFH Group.
- Manage and review the process of Transfer Pricing “TP” compliance.
- Manage, validate and control the tax compliance inputs on the tax compliance system.
- Manage and follow up different taxes refunds, such as VAT.
Internal and External Audit
- As required, liaise with and provide internal and external auditors with relevant financial information and tax supporting documentation in order to properly complete the audit process.
- Manage tax controversy matters, ensuring that tax assessments, settlements and disputes with the tax authorities and legal courts are handled properly.
- Report ongoing accounting activities to the line manager in order to inform on activity status.
- Conduct activities pertaining to collating and reviewing account payables tax retention to keep track of transactions.
- Prepare status report of all taxes on a monthly and quarterly basis for KFH Group entities in Turkey and Germany.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports of international and local tax for KFH Group CIT, VAT, withholding tax, and any other tax type that might be required.
- Coordinate with tax units in Turkey and Germany and KFH HQ to obtain the required data to calculate Shareholders’ Zakat.
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices taking into account ‘international leading practice’, improvement of business processes, cost reduction, staff training, and productivity improvement.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Develop and recommend enhancements to policies and procedures related to financial and tax accounting and implement procedures and controls covering all areas of financial and tax accounting activity to ensure adherence and effective implementation.
Quality, Health, Safety, & Environment
- Ensure and actively manage the compliance to all relevant quality, health, safety and environmental management procedures and controls across the Financial Accounting function to guarantee employee safety, compliance, delivery of high quality products/service and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Perform other related duties or assignments as directed.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or equivalent.
- A relevant Professional Qualification in Tax (CTA / ACA / ATT) or equivalent.
- 8 years of relevant experience in taxation in Turkey with exposure to all relevant taxes.
- Experience in accounting and tax with a multinational company and/or Big 4 accounting firm trained, with relevant work experience in the financial services sector / banking environment.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Understanding of accounting theory and practices.
- Knowledge of international and local accounting standards and protocols, and their application.
- Knowledge of international tax regulations “CBC, TP, etc.”, protocols, and their application.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Numerical and analytical skills.
- Communication skills.
- Computer and MS office skills.
- Fluent in both Turkish and English is preferred.