QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
YILDIRIM Group was founded in 1963, and broadened its focus through new subsidiaries by entrepreneurism and constant innovation, evolving into an industrially diversified group of companies in half a century, becoming one of the fastest growing Turkish industrial groups. In 2008, YILDIRIM Group completed its first international acquisition in Sweden. Since then the company has grown to become a global force based in Istanbul, Turkey, with operations in 9 sectors in 51 countries on 4 continents. Today, YILDIRIM Group of Companies employ more than 13,000 people around the globe. YILDIRIM is a global conglomerate in metals & mining, coal & coke, energy, fertilizers & chemicals, port management, shipping & logistics, construction & real estate, as well as financial investments.
For our growing organization, we are looking for a “Virtualization & Storage Specialist”
to be based in YILDIRIM Information Technologies which is a subsidiary of YILDIRIM Group of Companies.
What are we looking for in a Virtualization & Storage Specialist?
- Bachelor’s degree from the related field such as Computer Engineering or Information Systems
- Preferably certified VCP, VCP6-DVC
- Strong knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, File Server architecture
- At least three years experience in VMware infrastructure position (Hyper-V and VDI knowledge is a plus)
- Strong knowledge and experienced Storage management
- Preferably full Cycle Project experience of HPE 3PAR, Storeonce, HPE Blade, Simplivity and HPE Oneview
- Strong knowledge of Backup systems (Veeam is a plus)
- Experienced of SAN switches installation and management
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- A passion to learn and keep up with the latest technologies
- Open-minded, self-learner and flexible for change
- Hard working, proactive,organizational and having multitasking skill
- Communication with Corporate Areas is required in English
- Male candidates must have completed their military services
- No restriction to travel
- Driving license (class B)
- Excellent communication skills
Operation and Administration of the physical and virtual servers according company’s procedures.
Operation and Administration of the Backup solution according company’s procedures.
Monitor vendors release notes and plan necessary upgrades and patches as required.
Install, configure, patch and maintain appropriate technologies (e.g. servers/storages/san switches solutions).
Manage the IT Infrastructure service deliveries to meet service level agreements.
Run all Data Center operations, maintenance, monitoring and virtualization.
Identify and execute Infrastructure Projects.
Analyze system performance indicators and recommend improvement actions.
Preparing & participating in weekly service report meetings.
Assist disaster recovery tests.
Document and track the license renewal times of the software and hardwares.