QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
To manage all functions related to the design and execution of grade control operations, assist the Mine Geology Supervisor in the creation of subsequent block models, and management of the ore extraction process based on these models, as well as reconciliations of the models. Ensure that the grade control pit supervisors and technician’s objectives and targets are achieved in a safe and clearly communicated manner, minimising potential for ore loss and dilution.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Grade Control and execution:
Implement and manage grade control programs including drilling, sampling and assay dispatch.
- Assist in developing a rolling schedule for grade control modelling based on the mine schedule.
- Assist with the development and implementation of grade control procedures and practices.
- Delineate ore blocks and mark out in the pit as required minimizing delay to mining fleet and ensuring accuracy of ore mined.
- Track and report all ore movements and reconcile against expectations.
- Advise mining team on most effective excavation of ore to minimize dilution and maximise recovery.
- Geologically map active pits to assist in ore body delineation and understanding.
- Identify and assess near mine extension opportunities.
Blend strategies, Crusher feed procedures and reconciliation process
- Generation of daily, weekly and monthly blend strategies based on mill and mining forecasts in conjunction with stockpile inventories.
- Reconcile predicted feed grades versus these figures on a monthly and quarterly basis, and reconcile findings back to the production (grade control and resource) models to ensure that continuous improvement is built into the overall grade control workflow from drilling to model generation and subsequent confidence in material delivered to the mill.
Report writing and presentation
- Delivery of clearly written reports on all aspects of the operation on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to the senior management team. Collation of data from the various aspects of the operational workflow into a concise and clear manner that shows deliverables, and their performance against the mine plan.
Position Required Capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree in geology or geological engineering from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in mining in a production environment, resource estimation and evaluation.
- Open pit and underground mining experience.
- Knowledge of database management systems and QAQC principals.
- Proficiency in 3D modelling software Datamine/Micromine
- Working knowledge of geostatistics applied during resource estimation.
- Excellent communication, training and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, excellent time management and organizational skills.