QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering preferably Industrial / Mechanical or Business Administration,
- At least 4 years of experience preferably within FMCG and/or packaging environment in Logistics Functions and/or Logistics providers,
- Proficiency in MS Office especially in Excel,
- Good command of written & spoken English,
- Good understanding of Supply Chain practices, mainly logistics operations
- Know-how of Supply Chain related systems and technologies (ERP, WMS and TMS),
- Knowledge of Turkish Logistics market, suppliers and business models is an asset,
- No military obligation for male candidates,
- No travel restrictions,
- • Resident in Istanbul.
We are currently seeking a ‘Supply Planning & Logistics Engineer’ to join our team at our Istanbul(Ataşehir) Headquarters;
- Responsible for controlling all inbound-outbound transportation activities in terms of cost management, efficiency, and customer satisfaction in 4 plants located in Adana, Çorlu, Denizli & Eskişehir.
- Following up and control all the invoices related to logistics activities. Manage and track transactions to cost control.
- Manage material supply planning activities starting from local material suppliers to the plants and monitor material stock levels on regular basis to avoid any out-of-stock situation. Acts as the primary interface with local material suppliers on delivery status, lead times and supply issues.
- Planning and supporting saving projects in line with company goals and strategies, revealing and optimizing saving needs in supply planning, distribution and warehousing processes.
- Handling benchmark studies, market research, WMS TMS technology research.
- Defining, tracking and reporting all logistics KPI’s measuring operational efficiency and emphasizing operational risks.
- Ensuring the execution of distribution and reverse logistics operations in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ensuring that distribution operations are in line with company policy and quality standards.
- Keeping supplier relations in good terms and following up of transportation market and potential suppliers.
- Working closely with production, purchasing and sales teams to ensure the material availability and transportation/supply service competency for launches.