GENEL NİTELİKLER VE İŞ TANIMI
SABANCI UNIVERSITY and ARÇELİK are looking for Research Engineers who will work in Materials Science domain.
This call is for TÜBİTAK 2244 Industry PhD Program.
Starting Date: October 2019
Reference No: IDP/012
Partner Company: ARÇELİK
Engineers are expected to apply for the PhD programs listed below:
- Materials Science and Nano Engineering
Academic Advisors: Burcu Saner Okan, Serkan Ünal, Yusuf Menceloğlu
PhD candidate must have a graduate degree with a thesis related to subjects and/or possess a reasonable understanding of:
- Polymer Composites
- High performance Flame-retardent composites
- Thin film composite membranes
About The Program:
2244 - Industrial Ph.D. Program Call was opened by TÜBİTAK for the training of qualified human resource with the degree of doctorate university in collaboration with university-industry. For more details, please check "TÜBİTAK 2244 - Industrial PhD Program" on Sabancı University website.
Program consists of 2 phases:
1st Phase - Studentship:
Sabanci University is listed first in the National Entrepreneurial and Innovative Universities Index. Moreover, the University holds significant positions in international world rankings such as Times Higher Education (THE) and Quacquarelli Symonds (QS). Graduate students will have an opportunity to conduct their research with the state of the art infrastructure in a dynamic campus environment.
The studentship phase will cover the tuition fee for a full-time PhD programme in Sabanci University and pay a stipend of TRY 4.500 per month. Students holding B.Sc. degree or will graduate this year from B.Sc may also apply through Integrated PhD program. There are also supports available either for travel or accommodation.
For more details, check “Campus Life” on Sabancı University website.
2nd Phase - Working Period:
There will be the opportunity of signing a work agreement between ARÇELİK and student. This possibility will be decided latest on 7th term of the studentship phase and this agreement requires at least 3 year commitment to work for the related company.
- Should satisfy Sabanci University’s admissions criteria, for more information please visit Sabancı University website.
- There are no citizenship restrictions. Successful foreigners also encouraged to apply.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English,
- Thinking broadly about business,
- Understanding needs of the market & customer,
- Having desire to do outstanding jobs,
- Recognizing and understanding emotions of other people,
- Listening different perspectives and showing flexibility,
- Building collaboration,
- Clear in communicating thoughts and ideas.
Required documents on application:
1. Statement of purpose
2. CV including the GPAs
3. If available, ALES, GRE, GMAT, and English Proficiency results
How to Apply? (Please read carefully)
For 2244 applications before general SU PhD program applications, candidates who would like to be considered for 2244 projects must apply via 2244 pre-application system. Applications submitted to this system will be evaluated according to available positions and special requirements of each project. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to submit their applications to Sabancı University PhD Programme which is open for applications between 1 October- 15 November 2019.
Applications which do not meet the above-mentioned prerequisites will be automatically rejected