Having started up its activities in 2000 as an international aid organization focused on health, Yeryüzü Doktorları have carried out hundreds of projects so far with the support of more than 30 thousand volunteers in more than 50 countries such as Afghanistan, Syria, Somali, Palestine, Uganda and Yemen.
Yeryüzü Doktorları mainly aims to reach those regions which do not have access to local healthcare services and also those regions affected by natural disasters. It has set out initially by organizing short-term health camps for the purpose of conducting examinations and surgeries, providing medicine and equipment support and these camps have turned into long-term and sustainable projects over time.
Yeryüzü Doktorları continues conducting preventive health programs, psychosocial support, physical capacity building and health education projects in both emergency situations and in less developed countries.
We are looking for Project Assistant to join our team who will be supporting the implementation and management of all humanitarian projects.
Work Location: Istanbul, Turkey (HQ)
Department: Program and Operations
Expected Start Date: ASAP
· Provides administrative and operational support on the implementation of humanitarian projects.
· Work closely with the other program/project staff and other departments to ensure the synchronized delivery of outputs according to plan.
· Assist in projects financial resources management.
· Monitor budget and help ensure resources are allocated and used efficiently.
· Support to follow-up on project auditing issues.
· Follow-up, on a daily basis, implementation of administrative and operational activities of the projects.
· Maintain up-to-date files and records of project documentation.
· Support the elaboration of project work plans.
· Support the timely preparation and submission of progress reports, donor reports, project reviews, financial reports, audit reports and any other required project reports.
· Assist in capacity building.
· Perform any other tasks assigned by the line manager.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economy, Accounting, Finance, Social Sciences, or relevant field.
· Minimum 2 years of experience in a related field.
· Exceptional verbal, written, presentation, and organisational skills.
· Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
· Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
· Competency in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, PPT, especially Excel.
· Knowledge of file management, transcription, and other administrative procedures.
· Ability to organise tasks simultaneously and prioritise work.
· Fluency in Turkish and English is required.
· Flexible and able to easily adapt to different environments (inclusion and respect for diversity).
· Have no obstacle to travel.
· Able to work flexible hours.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.