QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
BAT TURKEY IS LOOKING FOR A TREASURY MANAGER
LOCATION: Istanbul - Turkey
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
- Drive execution of the global treasury strategy within own area of responsibility.
- Co-ordinate and manage the delivery of Treasury services, reporting and advice in areas such as external financing, credit facilities, banking relationships, funding, capital structures, interest rate, Foreign Exchange (FX) and insurance risk management, liquidity management and cash & banking solutions.
- Where required manage a team of specialists to implement Treasury strategy and Treasury and cash management activities of optimum quality packaging materials with maximum speed to market whilst ensuring effective cost management.
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR:
- Act as a proactive business partner to identify opportunities for enhancing treasury effectiveness and commercial results
- Executing global Treasury strategy, such as:
- Managing the transactional foreign exchange hedging programme.
- Manage the operational funding plans, including the structuring of optimal solutions, delivering the governance and managing the execution.
- Identify and drive opportunities to mobilise cash to the Centre.
- Identify and deliver business relevant banking solutions.
- Promote and drive treasury operations in alignment with the Treasury operating model.
- Promote and drive adherence to the Treasury control framework.
- Promote compliance with financial crime policies of the Standards of Business Conduct.
- Drive the delivery of accurate reporting through the cashflow forecasting process.
- Manage the delivery of other Treasury reporting requirements.
- Manage banking suppliers to deliver funding and solutions.
- Drive the development of the cash management framework to optimise efficiency and reduce banking costs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge and experience in treasury management, including:
- Knowledge of identifying and measuring foreign exchange and financial risks in supply chains, trading models and corporate structures.
- Knowledge of the range of foreign exchange derivative instruments and the practical application.
- Knowledge of the accounting principles for foreign currency denominated transactions, derivative instruments, and funding structures.
- Knowledge of different debt and equity funding structures and the practical application, including the accounting and corporate tax principles.
- Experience of managing the delivery of solutions and services from banking suppliers.
- Experience of using SAP Treasury module to access information and reports.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to describe complex treasury risk/financing scenarios and present recommendations to senior management to enable decision making.
- Experience in engaging with diverse teams in remote locations as part of both business as usual and ad-hoc project work.
- Finance Shared Services Centre – Establish & monitor effective operating procedures to deliver end to end treasury services
- Internal Auditors – to respond to queries and requests for information.
- Establishing and operating collaborative business partner relationships with Regional Finance , Direct Reporting Business Units (“DRBU”), End-markets and above-market trading companies.
- Establishing and operating effective relationships with central functions including Accounting, Tax and Legal.
- Operating effective relationships with Global Treasury Operations and with Central Treasury product experts.
- Manage banks as suppliers of financial solutions and services.
- External Auditors – to respond to queries and requests for information