QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
The Head of Finance should provide management with accurate, timely, and relevant financial data. Lead and manage Accounting department in a professional manor demonstrating high standards of leadership skills and technical knowledge.
· Lead and manage the Accounting department.
· Compile and analyse financial information to prepare statutory financial statements, monthly management accounts, budgets, forecasts, variance analysis and KPI’s.
· Working with business heads to prepare budgets, forecasts and track performance.
· Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with Turkish tax and financial regulations.
· Submission of tax office declarations.
· Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
· Control accounts receivable and monitor aged debtor balances.
· Prepare daily, weekly and monthly sales analysis reports.
· Control accounts payable and monitor aged creditor balances.
· Review and authorize weekly payment run.
· Prepare regular reports and summaries of accounting activities.
· Provide monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
· Validate postings are correct and legal. Report irregularities to management.
· Investigate imbalances or differences found on ledger.
· Ensuring that cash-flows are adequate to allow business units to operate effectively.
· Maintaining banking relationships and negotiating credit facilities.
· Providing auditors monthly financial records and dealing with audit queries.
· Maintenance of fixed asset register.
· Providing direction and support to operational team in areas related to finance, financial reports,internal controls, labour management, payroll etc.
· Effectively manage the accounting team through respectful communication, clear guidance & relevant training/coaching.
· Ensure an effective and efficient control environment is in place to manage business risks,safeguard assets, improve operations and profitability.
· Accounting Qualification
· Experience in the leisure industry preferred
· Fluency in English and Turkish, written and verbal
· Proven ability running an accounts department
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Detailed knowledge of Turkish taxation and accounting standards
· Computer literate in MS Office with good Excel skills