QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
A reputable international steel company is looking for a Quality Manager for its headquarters located in Gebze, Kocaeli.
- Graduation from Metallurgical and Materials Engineering department of reputable universities.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in production environment.
- Having experience and knowledge in ISO processes.
- Preferably having education and experience in lean management.
- Sound knowledge of English.
- Skilled in Microsoft office programs.
- Having team management experience.
- Having a keen sense of quality, customer and result oriented.
- Strong communication skills on all levels of organization.
- Completion of military service. (for male candidates)
- Valid B class driving licence.
- Residence in Gebze, Kocaeli or Anatolian side of Istanbul.
- Directs and coordinates the overall quality specifications, testing procedures and standards for processes and finished products.
- Develops quality control plans or process control procedures that will ensure production of finished products which meet quality specifications and standards.
- Directs the continuing review of the quality control program and the formulation of new or revised procedures to effect improvements, reduce costs and enhance efficiency on an organization-wide.
- Manages of the corrective and preventive action program.
- Reviews and conducts research on product defects and recommends modifications in products or quality standards where warranted.
-Reviews all complaints received from customers (in the CRM system) to determine where quality control emphasisshould be placed at the plants to eliminate problems.
-Administers quality control department budget.
-Assists vendors in establishing inspection standards to meet the organization's quality requirements.
- Contacts and visits customers and suppliers when necessary to confer on specific quality problems.
- Ensures compliance with governmental regulations.
- Supplies technical assistance to the sales and/or marketing functions in developing suitable products for customers or overcoming difficulties in the use of organization products.
- Ensures that all department personnel are trained to perform their jobs effectively.
- Manages the Lean projects , responsible for Lean Management : Apply and train Lean methods (e.g. 5S, Kanban, Shop-floor Management, Problem Solving, Visual Management) and Lean philosophy (Pull, Flow, Takt, Zero Defects) and coach leaders and employees on all levels and in all areas (shop floor as well as office/administration)
-Provides assistance with quality inspection when needed.
-Support CIP (Continuous Improvement Process).
-Support organization to achieve operational excellence.
- Responsible for ISO 9001-2015 audits.
** Please note that the candidates matching the above qualifications will be contacted only.