QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
Defence Driver and Administrative Clerk – Ankara
Full-Time: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: 5,743 TRY per month (gross)
About the Australian Department of Defence
The primary role of Defence is to defend Australia against armed attack. Australia’s defence policy is founded on the principle of self-reliance in the direct defence of Australia, but with a capacity to do more where there are shared interests with partners and allies.
About the position
The Defence Driver and Administrative Clerk will provide a safe, reliable and timely transport for staff and visitors within Ankara and the surrounding areas. The Driver will also make deliveries and collections as well as perform routine administrative activities.
The key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Provide transport for Defence staff and official visitors;
· Maintain vehicle in clean and roadworthy condition in accordance with local law and Defence requirements;
· Ensure vehicle is serviced regularly in accordance with the manufacturer's specifications and report any malfunctions or deficiencies;
· Maintain vehicle log book and associated records;
· Provide administrative support – inventory maintenance, mail distribution, manage Defence Section Turkish Military Information Database
· Provide verbal translations services as required;
· Provide support services for annual ANZAC day and related commemorative events.
· Valid driving licence and proven safety record.
· Extensive knowledge of road/traffic systems in Ankara.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Ability to prioritise and meet tight deadlines.
· Strong initiative and team-working ability.
· Willingness to work independently and under supervision.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
· High level verbal communication skills in English and Turkish.
Please address each of the selection criteria for the role in the spaces provided on the application form. Drawing on your prior experience, please provide examples of where you have demonstrated the required competencies or transferrable skills.
The word limit is strictly250 words per response. The panel will not assess responses that exceed the word limit.
A. Evidence of previous professional driving experience. Demonstrated ability to maintain the safety and security of passengers, the vehicle, and appropriate etiquette and protocol.
B. Possession of a valid Turkish drivers licence. Demonstrated knowledge of traffic regulations and local traffic conditions. Excellent knowledge of roads and routes in Ankara and ability to use GPS navigation equipment.
C. Demonstrated administrative and organisational skills including ability to work cooperatively within a team and deliver ad-hoc tasks as required.
D. Well-developed ability to communicate effectively in both Turkish and English, both orally and in writing, including basic interpretation and translation skills.
Please note, applications will not be accepted by email.