QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
Founded in 1935 by İşbank at the directive of Atatürk, Şişecam is one of the most established industrial organizations in Turkey more than 80 years of corporate history and it is among the world’s most prestigious manufacturers due to its high degree of specialization and the outstanding competitive edge of its operations.
Şişecam Group operates in flat glass, glassware, glass packaging, and chemicals businesses at a total of 43 production facilities -16 local and 27 abroad- with 22,000 employees, and international sales constitute 60% of the Group’s total sales. Şişecam is Turkey’s leader in all types of glass as well as chemicals including soda-chromium compounds, and is one of the leading companies in the world with its operations that highly specialized and competitive.
Since the date it was founded by İşbank Turkey in 1935 following the instructions of Atatürk, Şişecam has followed the strategy of creating value in the industry in which it operates, using the most advanced technologies and innovations, continually improving its products and production processes with its R&D investments, and shapes its industry with its value-added products.
Combining extensive experience with an ambitious vision, Şişecam has adopted sustainable growth strategies as a Group, and its main aims are to add value to all its stakeholders, shape the future with its products and services that make life easier, and share the wealth it creates. The brand recognition and market share of Şişecam Group has been consistently increasing in the global market, and its target for 2020 is to be among the top three companies of the world operating in its industry.
- 4th grade of Undergraduate student with min. 2.75 GPA or Master / PhD student
- Good command of English
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications
- Potential for having learning agility, resilience, decision making and analytical thinking skills
- Open minded and highly collaborative
- Self-motivated and a good team player
- Adaptation to a challenging environment
- Able to work mininum 2.5 days of a week
Being a part of our Global Young Talent Program ''Together''. You'll get experience in;
- Preparing reports or presentations
- Managing projects and being part of a project team
- Unique internship program including training, business simulations, technical visits, feedback sessions
- ''Global Internship Program'' (You may have an opportunity to continue your internship in our plants abroad depending on project topic)
Global Young Talent of Şişecam will be a trainee in one of our locations (Headquarter (Istanbul), R&D Center in Çayırova/Kocaeli, Plants in Ankara, Balıkesir, Bilecik, Bursa, Denizli, Eskişehir, Karabük, Kırklareli, Mersin)